The New York State Chapter of the American Academy of Orthotists & Prosthetists ( www.nysaaop.org) held their Annual Meeting and Scientific Sessions, May 15-17, 2019 at the Rivers Casino and Spa in Schenectady, NY.
25.5 continuing education credits were available as compared to 18.5 for 2018 and attendance was up 12%. As always, the very popular Exhibitor Theatre was held right after lunch on Thursday’s General Sessions.
One of the highlights of the meeting was the Citizens Preparedness presentation by Tech Sergeant, Matt Kassel, Army National Guard, NY Citizens Preparedness Corps and Staff Sergeant, Fernando Aguilar, Army National Guard, NY Citizens Preparedness Corp. This is a one of a kind presentation done by the New York State Army National Guard (we know because we researched whether we could have similar presentations done at other state O&P meetings.)
The meeting began at 8:00am on Wednesday, May 15th and concluded at 1:00pm on Friday, May 17th. Pedorthics, prosthetics, orthotics, practice management, billing, reimbursement and more!
- Great job!
- Thorough Presentation
- Very informative. Looking to move our practice in this direction.
- Very informative presentation
- Great job – kept my interest!
- 2nd lecture attended of presenter in the past 2 years. Provided consistent, relevant, and new information. Kept my attention.
- Knowledgeable, timely presentation on one of the most important topics in O&P today.
- Bring him back!
- He was a great speaker, very clear and knowledgeable.
- Eye opening for Parkinson’s patients.
- Nice presentation. Well done.
- Interesting predictions of our future.
- Well done! Valuable information and helpful to see success in a clinical setting.
- Very knowledgeable / creative. Great examples. Effective videos.
- Really enjoyed the innovative fitting approaches and technology.
- Before it even started I knew it would be the best part of the whole 3 days!
- Excellent material and presentation.
- For somebody in wound care this is perfect
The NYSAAOP will reconvene on Wednesday, May 11, 2020-Friday, May 13, 2020 at the Rivers Casino Resort and Spa. For more information, check out the chapter page at www.nysaaop.org
- Excellent job! 1st night cocktail reception the best. May not need 2nd night reception – not much traffic.
- Very well organized, structured and laid out for both clinicians and suppliers. Enjoyed the professional shared meeting. One of the best this year.
- We appreciate all that you do to make these conferences work. It’s not an easy job but thank you for making it seem so.
- Divide passbook into an “O” and “P” section – one for each product area focus.
- Nice job CEC!